Sunday, June 25, 2017

Now what?

I'm having a problem making up my mind about my travel to Maine in 10 days. I have motel reservations already made but I really don't like motels, not a fan of cost and they are confining.  I'm almost ready to cancel my reservations and camp my way from Novi to Milbridge.  I'm not generally a KOA camper but for a quick stop, they're OK.  I found campgrounds in NY, Mass and Maine that would work.  I don't need electricity so not too expensive.
I just checked out my Coleman 6 person ez setup tent and it took me 3 minutes to put up - not counting staking.  I'll need minimal extra equipment - the tent, mattress, small table and a single burner propane stove (just found one on Amazon).  Anything else, I'm already taking for stay at cottage. Writing this paragraph has just convinced me to do the camping rather than motels. That was easy! Only real negative will be weather but I think I have a plan to battle the elements if necessary.
This will be  good practice for future long trips with trailer.  I could make a quick stopover using tent and then when I make it to destination, use trailer.
Just a bit of advice about tents, my Coleman 6 person tent is a  good size for Mitzi and me but 6 people would be an extremely tight fit.  I think with any tent, if it reads a certain number of people, they mean shoulder to shoulder.
Anyway, I now have made up my mind and will camp for 3 nights on trip to Milbridge.  Looking forward to Maine and once again sleeping on my sun porch at Two Jetties.  Can't wait.  Onward and upward.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada - Part 1

In September of 2013, I went on my last adventure with my "big black van", my destination Campobello Island which is located in ...